I like chocolate. Do you like chocolate? If you don’t, go away, this recipe is not for you. These cookies are the epitome of fudge and deliciousness. I decided to make these instead of brownies so I can pack them for lunches, or sneak them throughout the day without guilt. The crackle effect after they baked reminded me of boxed brownie mix, but it tastes so much better.
Louis didn’t get to lick the bowl, but my fiance loved taking over the job. He wants me to make this recipe again, but just leave it as a giant bowl of cookie dough. I am tempted to do that, but I think my waist line would object in the long term.
RECIPE: Fudge Drops
Makes 41 Cookies
Kitchen Aid Mixer
Measuring cups and spoons
Oven heated to 325
2 Cups Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
2 T Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 t Vanilla
1/4 t Baking Powder
1/4 t Salt
3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
Grease for the cookie sheets
1) In a bowl, microwave and stir the butter and chocolate chips until smooth and melted. Do not let it burn!
2) Beat together sugar, eggs, and vanilla on a low speed in the kitchen aid mixer.
3) Mix in chocolate until thoroughly incorporated.
4) Stir in the dry ingredients, but be sure not to over mix the dough.
5) On greased sheets, use a small cookie scoop to place down cookie dough piles. Make sure to leave room in between, because these cookies are spreaders!
6) Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 minutes until transferring to cooling racks.