Taco nights are good nights. While there are a lot of ways to make this meal using pre-made spice mixes and sauces, there is nothing like making it from scratch. If we had thought about it, we would have made the shells too. There is a point where we get lazy though. Here is our vegetarian black bean taco recipe.
RECIPE: Black Bean Tacos
Makes 4 Servings
Cast iron pan
1 Can Black Beans
Pepper Jack Cheese
1) Chop tomatoes and scallions.
2) In a cast iron pan, heat the black beans with the chopped tomato and the white parts of the scallion.
3) Season the beans with chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic, onion, paprika, cumin, and cilantro.
4) Heat taco shells as directed on the box.
5) In a bowl, mix together mayo, lemon juice, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder. This makes a homemade styled ranch dressing that is awesome on tacos.
6) Thinly slice pepper jack cheese.
7) In taco shells, layer bean mixture, ranch dressing, salsa, scallion greens, and cheese.