When it comes to Italian style burgers this is the god father. It towers above all others and you just need to pay homage to this burger. Between the balsamic soaked tomato and fresh basil, this burger needs to ask no favors from anyone.
RECIPE: God Father of Burgers
Makes 2 Burgers
Corn on the Cob
Italian Spice Mix
1) Slice the tomatoes and soak them in balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
2) Form beef into patties.
3) Soak corn in water at least a half hour prior to grilling.
4) On a hot grill, place your ears of corn and burger patties. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian spice mix.
5) Flip the patties, re-season and turn the corn.
6) In a hot cast iron pan, sear the balsamic soaked tomatoes.
7) Layer patty, tomato slice, feta cheese, and chopped fresh basil. Serve warm so that the feta begins to melt into the tomato, absorbing the fresh basil taste.