I had an outdoor potluck this week, which is its own challenge because its really hot out. That means I need to bake something that won’t melt or get sticky from humidity. That means no frosting, no chocolate chips, no glazes. The result, my molasses drop cookie that are the perfect end to a summer potluck picnic.
RECIPE: Molasses Drop Cookies
Makes 62 Servings
Oven Heated to 350 Degrees
3/4 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla
2 1/2 Tablespoons Molasses
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Raisins
Grease for pans
1) In kitchen aid mixer, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy.
2) Beat in eggs, vanilla, and vanilla.
3) Add baking soda and all purpose flour and mix until fully incorporated.
4) Beat in 1 cup raisins.
5) Grease baking sheets and drop dough onto the sheets.
6) Bake for 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
7) Let cool on baking sheets. Serve cool or freeze and enjoy later.