While roasted chicken is more of a fall or winter dish, I could not pass up the chicken on sale at the grocery store this week. I am excited cause this roasted chicken will be a couple sandwiches and some awesome broth. Here is my recipe for one dish tarragon roasted chicken.
RECIPE: Tarragon Roasted Chicken
Makes many servings
Cast Iron Pan
Half an Onion
2 Large Carrots
6 Yukon Gold Potatoes
Oven heated to 425 degrees
1) Quarter the potatoes and cut the carrots and onion in chunks.
2) Sprinkle the vegetables across the bottom of the cast iron pan.
3) Set the chicken on top of the vegetables.
4) Melt a tablespoon of butter in a glass bowl in the microwave.
5) Pour butter over chicken. Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, and a heavy sprinkle of tarragon.
6) Bake in an oven in 425 degree oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and let rest for 5-15 minutes before you start carving the chicken.
8) Serve the chicken with roasted vegetables on the side.
The skin on the chicken will be crispy and browned and delicious. You will serve your self a nice big helping of moist delicious chicken and end up just nibbling on the skin instead.