I love watermelon. A chilled watermelon is the epitome of summer. It is insanely refreshing and I love it. However, I wanted something a little different with our burgers tonight. I didn’t want sweet watermelon, I want savory watermelon that went with dinner. The delicious result is below.
RECIPE: Watermelon Salad
Makes 2 Servings
1) Remove the rind from the watermelon and then cube.
2) Slice basil into small pieces.
3) Put watermelon and basil in a bowl. Sprinkle with feta.
4) In little bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Stir before pouring over watermelon.
5) Stir until dressing evenly coats watermelon and then chill before serving.
It was so good that my fiance said he would even order it in a restaurant.