Yesterdays post was on a quick breakfast you can make while half asleep. This breakfast isn’t much more complicated, but not quite as quick. While regular pancakes are good, I like trying something new now and then. These pancakes are based on a buckwheat griddle cake recipe I had, but modified for whole wheat. My fiance couldn’t decide if he liked these or regular pancakes better!
RECIPE: Whole Wheat Pancakes
Makes 4 Servings
Cast iron pan
Measuring spoons and cups
1 1/4 Cup Water
4 T Powdered Buttermilk
1 t Baking Soda
1/2 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 T Crisco
1 T Molasses
1) In a bowl, combine powdered buttermilk, molasses, and water.
2) Melt Crisco in the microwave on add to mixture. Stir well.
3) Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and whole wheat to the bowl, being sure to stir until combined.
4) In hot griddle, grease with a touch of bacon grease.
5) Scoop in batter and flip after bubbles start to form and pop.
6) Serve warm and with syrup.
I think these would do well with a more fruit based syrup. Hopefully, I can make or get my hands on blueberries and strawberries.
Louis was very sad that he did not get the last bite of the pancakes, but they were too good to share.