My fiance likes to spoil me. He does that quite often, and I’ve learned that there is nothing I can do to stop him. When we were at the farmers market last weekend, he got ribeye steaks from our favorite local farm. Ribeye is my favorite cut of steak, so I was so excited when he pulled them out of the bag! Here is our full dinner recipe for a classy steak dinner.
RECIPE: Herb Rubbed Steak
Makes 2 Servings
Red Wine Vinegar
1) Rub steak with a little bit of red wine vinegar.
2) Sprinkle lightly on both sides with garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and rosemary.
3) Grill on a hot grill until medium or more done.
4) Remove from grill and let sit for a few minutes before cutting.
RECIPE: Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Makes 3 Servings
1) Cut potatoes and toss into boiling water. Let cook until soft.
2) Chop garlic and put in the bottom of another pan with about a tablespoon of butter.
3) Let the garlic and butter cook together until the flavors infuse.
4) Slowly add a little milk into the butter and garlic, letting it cook and get nice and garlic flavored.
5) Drain potatoes, begin mashing, pour in milk mixture, and mash until desired texture. I like pretty smooth with just a hint of lumps.
6) Serve as is or with gravy, but these potatoes are so creamy even with skim milk that they don’t need anything on top.
RECIPE: Dilly Beans
Makes 2 Servings
Can of Dilly Beans
1) Open can of beans and pour, liquid and all, into a pan. Heat on low until the rest of the food is ready.
This is what I call a very well balanced dinner! And the steak was mouthwatering and tender beyond belief. You could cut it with a butter knife.