I apologize for the lack of post yesterday. Just never got around to my computer to type this recipe, so here it is today. I have to start off by saying this is not my best cookie recipe. After baking these cookies, the marshmallows made them stick to the pan. Only half of the cookies came off the pan looking nice and pretty. The rest of the cookies ended up looking like a mess. Fortunately, my fiance loves piles of cookie mess and was fine to make the mistakes disappear.
The best part of this recipe is actually the dough. If you freeze any of the leftover dough it will began cold and creamy. It will taste like the most decadent ice cream dessert you can imagine, but its actually frozen cookie dough. This is the way I suggest actually eating this recipe.
RECIPE: Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Makes 3 to 4 Dozen Servings
Kitchen Aid Mixer
300 Degree Oven
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup butter
1 T vanilla
1 cup Marshmallows
1) Cream butter and margarine in a kitchen aid mixer.
2) Add brown and white sugar, and cream on medium until thoroughly incorporated.
3) Beat in eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda.
4) Stir in cocoa powder and flour until a dough is formed.
5) Gently stir in marshmallows until fully incorporated.
6) Scoop large chunks of dough onto non-greased baking sheet or put in container to store in freezer. I suggest the freezer route.
7) Bake cookies in 300 degree oven for 22 minutes or until done.
8) Attempt to remove cookies to cooling rack.