I love kabobs! Though it can be difficult to time it so your meat and vegetables all cooked their optimal amount. No one wants under cooked meats or over cooked vegetables. So my trick when I am just doing dinner for us (and not guests) is to do one skewer for meats, and one for vegetables. That way you can control how everything cooks no problem!
RECIPE: BBQ Chicken Kabobs
Makes 2 Servings
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Green Zucchini
1 Large Carrot
1) The day before you grill, cube the chicken and soak it in the BBQ sauce. Our sauce is leftover from takeout at a local joint, and it is fantastic.
2) Slice the zucchini and carrots.
3) Skewer the chicken on some sticks and the vegetables on the other, alternating carrot and zucchini.
4) Drizzle balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder lightly over the vegetables.
5) Grill, turning the skewers with the potholder as needed.
6) Serve by taking the meat off the skewer, or by eating it straight off. I like to do a mix of both.
Uncooked chicken on the left, cooked chicken on the right!