In high school, there was a local restaurant that would deliver five dollar lunches that included a salad, drink, and a big serving of Penne Alla Vodka. This week, I began to have cravings for those lunches. I missed a good serving of vodka sauce over delicious pasta. So here is my recipe for it.
RECIPE: Spaghetti Alla Vodka
Makes about a Quart
Cast iron Pan
Cloves of Garlic
Can of Crushed Tomatoes
1 C Vodka
1 C Whole Milk
2 T butter
1) Finely chop the garlic cloves and the onion.
2) Melt butter in the cast iron pan.
3) Slowly cook the garlic and onion in the butter until the onion is translucent and soft.
4) Crack black pepper over everything.
5) Pour in can of crushed tomatoes
6) Stir and let simmer.
7) Add vodka.
8) Stir and let simmer.
9) Add milk.
10) Stir and let simmer.
11) Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook whole wheat spaghetti until done.
12) Serve pasta with a heavy scoop of sauce on top. Sprinkle with a touch of Parmesan. Serve with a slice of bread on the side.
There was so much sauce left that the following night, we had vodka sauce over a squash medley. So delicious and nutritious!