As far as cookies go, these are definitely a healthier option. That doesn’t mean you should eat these instead of an apple or sliced vegetables. This recipe was passed to me by a wonderful baker named Sandy. I have several of her recipes, but this one is my favorite. These are great start of fall snacks, they are hearty, filling, and full of wonderfulness.
RECIPE: Sandy’s Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 24 Servings
Oven heated 350 degrees
1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 Cups Oatmeal
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup Wheat Germ
1 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup Walnuts
1) Beat together the brown sugar, oil, and eggs.
2) Mix in oatmeal, wheat germ, flour, baking soda, and salt.
3) Stir in raisins, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
4) Scoop on to a greased baking sheet and press down with your fingers.
5) Bake for 12 minutes and let cool on wire rack.
If you are feeling fancy, sprinkle a touch of nutmeg over the cookies before baking!