It was fall for about three days. Then it went back to the 80’s and 90’s. Its October, and I want to literally sit in the corner and cry. To combat my misery that fall hasn’t arrived at all, I decided to make a fall themed sloppy joe. With apples, cinnamon, and maple flavors, this sloppy joe is one of a kind.
RECIPE: Sloppy Apple Joes
Makes 2-4 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
Extra Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese (Has to be extra sharp)
8 oz Ground Beef
Granny Smith Apple
1) Begin cooking ground beef in the cast iron pan.
2) Chop the nice tart crispy granny smith apple into little yummy morsels.
3) Slice cheddar cheese, it has to be extra sharp to balance out the sweetness of the apples and maple flavor.
4) Toast the hamburger buns, and then lay the cheese on it while its still warm.
5) Add apples to the beef. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of cinnamon, a quick squirt of maple syrup, a touch of ketchup, a bit of mustard, and a splash of Worcester. Stir until it all comes together into a wonderful sloppy mix.
6) Spoon the mixture over the cheddar on the buns and let it all come together. Each bite will have a mixture of sharpness, tartness, and sweetness.