Pizza night doesn’t have to be a junk food night. These pizzas probably have more servings of vegetables on them then most regular dinners. We are talking peppers, onions, broccoli, and then more broccoli! Also, any one who says they don’t like broccoli on pizza hasn’t had mine. It is a great topping, when done right.
RECIPE: Best Broccoli Pizza
Makes 4 Servings
3 Cast Iron Pans
Herb Pizza Dough
Two Heads Broccoli
1 Tbs Butter
2 Garlic Cloves
1) In a cast iron pan, begin melting butter low and slow.
2) Chop garlic up nice and small, as well as all the garlic cloves. Toss into the butter.
3) Thinly slice all the onion and stir into the garlic and broccoli.
4) Chop green pepper and hot pepper into similar sized bits and stir into the pan.
5) Split dough and press into the two cast iron pans.
6) Spoon sauce over the dough.
7) Shred mozzarella cheese and sprinkle over the dough.
8) Cover with all the garlic coated delicious vegetables and then a slight sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
9) Bake on insanely hot grill (like 450 or higher) but with the burners directly under the pans turned off.
10) Slice and serve!
Pizza is just becoming a weekly staple in our house. Some people do meatloaf, we do grilled pizza.