I have to apologize for my lack of posts over the last two weeks! I have been sick and then I was unable to commandeer my kitchen back. My fiance has been cooking for us, and while all of his food is delicious, he isn’t as good about taking pictures. For this post, I actually just took pictures of him cooking.
This post is due to our love of sandwiches! Rather than buy lunch meats, its more fun to make the meat from scratch for the filling. My fiance made this roast beef. He likes to coat it in a crust, slow cook it, and then grill it for some nice sear marks. The result is amazing and the meat just melts apart in your mouth.
RECIPE: Roast Beef
Makes Many Servings
1) In a sauce pan, add a scoop of brown sugar, a tablespoon of sugar, three cloves of garlic, a dash of oregano and tarragon.
2) Stir and cook on low until a nice sauce comes together.
3) In a dutch oven, place chuck roast and coat in the brown sugar sauce using a spoon or brush.
4) Cook at 250 degrees for several hours until interior temperature reaches the safe zone.
5) Grill the chuck roast to create a nice sear on the outside.
6) Let rest and then slice and enjoy!