I had fun putting a little bit of a twist on my vegetarian chili. I would say it was inspired by my music playlist, which also inspired the title to this post. If you know what I am referencing, I bet you were in Middle School or High School in 2006, cause no one else would have been listening to that!
Makes 4 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
1) Thinly slice onions and toss in a warm cast iron pan.
2) Dice 2-3 garlic cloves and add into the onions. Let cook on low.
3) Add in a can of diced tomatoes, because its winter and fresh are ridiculous.
4) Season with chili, cayenne, paprika, and lots of rosemary and thyme.
5) Drain and rinse cans of beans, add them to the mixture and keep them cooking on low.
6) Add a few canned peppers to kick up the spice element. Taste and season again as needed.
7) Slice colby cheese and chop scallion.
8) Serve hot with cheese and scallions on top so that the cheese melts onto it.