We make a lot of burgers. Burgers with mango chutney. Burgers with grilled apples. But never a burger with the classic ingredients. Here is our attempt at an elevated All American Burger. Its all the basic components, but made our own with a bit of flare.
RECIPE: All American Burger
Makes 2 Servings
American Cheese Slices
1) Grind your beef and form them into patties.
2) Right before you drop them on the grill, lightly salt and pepper each side.
3) Slice a few pieces of cheddar cheese, a few rings of onion, and rip off a couple of leaves of lettuce.
4) In a small bowl, combine ketchup with a touch of paprika. In another bowl, combine mustard with a little bit of dill (or a lot of bit)
5) On the patties, layer the sliced cheddar cheese and then top it with a slice of american cheese.
6) Toast the buns lightly. On the bottom, spoon on a bit of ketchup and mustard.
7) Then place the patty on the bun and top with onion slices, pickles, and some crisp lettuce.
8) Serve with potato chips, and a beer.