I decided to have a little fun and make some taco salads for lunch. These were a fun variation on our usual nachos or burritos. The lime juice really added a nice kick to the dish, and I highly recommend that you don’t skip that step.
RECIPE: Taco Salad
Makes 2 Servings
Pepper Jack Cheese
Beans and Rice
1) Chop the iceberg lettuce and split it between too bowls.
2) Thinly slice some pepper jack cheese and top the lettuce with the cheese, hot peppers, and salsa.
3) Heat the beans and rice. Add a 1/4 to 1/2 cup on top of each salad.
4) Slice and squeeze lime over both salads.
5) Line the edge of the bowl with tortilla chips and then serve.