When I think of bake sales, I always think of rice crispy treats. But I almost never have rice crispy cereal in the house. In fact, all we had was cheerios. They are a good way to start your day and to lower cholesterol, so why wouldn’t we have them around? Instead of eating these by the bowl full, I decided to make Cheerio Smore Treats.
RECIPE: Cheerio Smore Treats
Makes 8 Servings
Large Measuring Cup
3 Graham Crackers
4-5 Hershey Kisses
1) In a large measuring cup or microwavable bowl, add 3-4 handfuls of marshmallows, a big scoop of peanut butter, a little scoop of butter, and a splash of vanilla.
2) Microwave the mixture until it all melts together but does not brown or over cook at all.
3) Stir it all together, pour in some cereal.
4) Break apart graham crackers and chop Hershey kisses, and drop them into the cereal.
5) Stir it all together until its one combined sticky mess.
6) In a pie pan lined with wax paper, press the mixture into it.
7) Chill for 10-15 minutes before slicing if you want to eat right away, other wise you can cover and let them rest at room temperature.