We had to use the last of the pizza dough up at some point! We figured why not go back to basics and do a classic. Whats more all American than a Saturday night at home watching a movie on Netflix and eating a pepperoni pizza? We could have ordered out, but it is actual a lot faster around here to make it yourself. Here is our classic pepperoni pizza!
RECIPE: Pepperoni Pizza
Makes 4 Big Slices
Cast iron pans
Oven heated to 475 Degrees
1) In one pan, make up some tomato sauce. This one was a mix of diced tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, and lots and lots of herbs. I add a little of the hot pepper juice to the mix to kick it up a notch.
2) Press the dough into a cast iron pan.
3) Shred the mozzarella and dice the onion.
4) Spoon sauce over the dough.
5) Sprinkle with cheese, arrange pepperoni, and sprinkle with onion. I decided at the last minute not to add the hot peppers to the top, but you can if you want!
6) Bake the pizza in the oven until the crust browns and the cheese melts.
7) Remove and let cool for a minute before cutting and serving.