Sometimes I just want to eat lots of vegetables and rice. My husband isn’t a fan of plain rice, so I like to compromise and make teriyaki fried rice. He makes up a bowl of the sauce for me, but you can also buy already made teriyaki sauce. I would share his recipe, except he doesn’t really do it the same way twice.
RECIPE: Teriyaki Fried Rice
Makes 3-4 Servings
1) In one pan, combine rice and water and cook until done.
2) In another pan, heat a little bit of sesame oil.
3) Chop the carrots, celery, and green peppers and toss them into the pan with sesame oil.
4) Stir until all the vegetables are all coated in oil and cooking up a bit.
5) Pour a bit of the teriyaki sauce over the vegetables, not all of it though. Stir and cook until they are still crisp but not raw.
6) Pour the cooked rice over the vegetables.
7) Add the rest of the teriyaki sauce and two eggs. Stir until everything is mixed and cooked.