I like zucchini noodles, and with the spiralizer I started to wonder what other vegetables I could turn into noodles. My first through was potato noodles! This may actually be a good idea, but I cooked my noodles a little too much so that they were a chunky version of not well mashed potatoes. The topping still made this dinner delicious, but I would call the noodle portion a failure!
RECIPE: Potato Noodle Failure
Makes 3- 4 Servings
1) Spiralize the potatoes and drop them into a pot of boiling water.
2) In a pan, begin browning ground beef.
3) Chop mushrooms and several cloves of garlic.
4) Add the mushrooms and garlic to the browning beef, giving them a good stir.
5) Add the tomato paste and diced tomatoes to the beef mixture, and season with basil, sage, and oregano.
6) Drain the potatoes.
7) Shred the mozzarella cheese.
8) Serve in a bowl with the potatoes on the bottom, topped with the tomato sauce and cheese!