When I was in college, there was a tiny dinner in the back of the market house that served an item known as the morning after. It was potatoes and peppers, all cooked together with eggs. It was the perfect Saturday morning breakfast after a Friday night in college. This my dinner version of the morning after, and it is the type of comfort food to deal with a work ‘hangover’. You know the kind of work days where the stress is piling up, and you come home feeling tired, worn out, and suffering from a headache. On those evenings after, this is the dinner you want.
RECIPE: The Evening After
Makes 2 Servings
Cast iron pan
3 Medium Potatoes
1) Chop the potatoes into tiny pieces and put them into a hot cast iron pan to start cooking!
2) Dice an onion and throw it over the potatoes. Also pour in some broccoli!
3) Season with Cajun spice mix.
4) Stir and cook, and when the potatoes are starting to get soft add in the diced tomatoes, the hot peppers, and some diced green pepper.
5) Stir the mixture and when its just about ready to come off the stove, crack in three eggs.
6) Scramble the eggs around everything so that it cooks and coats simultaneously.
7) Serve with a fork and your choice of a cold beer or a cold mug of milk!