This pizza was absolutely amazing, like hands down would eat it all the time. Smoked mozzarella on a pizza is the best idea that any one ever had. Mix that delicious cheese with a super light and fresh tomato sauce, and the result is out of this world! Don’t believe me? Make it yourself!
RECIPE: Chard and Smoked Pizza
Makes Dinner for 3 (or Dinner for 2 and lunch for me!)
2 Cast Iron Pans
Oven heated to 425
Sourdough Pizza Dough
1) Make sourdough Pizza Dough based on the recipe here.
2) Cut up the tomato into smallish chunks and add them to a warm cast iron pan.
3) Dice up several cloves of garlic and cut up two or so small spring onions.
4) Add the garlic and the onion to the tomatoes and stir, letting it cook together over a low simmer.
5) Roughly slice up the chard into long strips, and chop up the basil.
6) Press dough into a a cast iron pan and then stir the basil into the sauce.
7) Top the dough with the fresh tomato sauce.
8) Slice up the smoked mozzarella, and lay it evenly over the sauce.
9) Sprinkle the chard over the top of the pizza so that there is even coverage.
10) Bake in a hot oven until the crust is brown and the cheese melts.