Peaches and Cream Pie was an off the cuff experiment. In fact, I had no idea if it would turn out at all. I was surprised with how tasty this concoction ended up being! The only bad thing is that I can’t give exact measurements since I ‘winged’ it so much. There are plenty of pictures to help you make the recipe as well!
RECIPE: Peaches and Cream Pie
Makes 1 Pie
Oven set to 375
1 stick butter
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 cup or more Oatmeal
1/4 cup Flour
1) In a bowl, combine the stick of butter, sugar, flour, oatmeal, and a heavy grating of nutmeg.
2) Use yours to combine and mix everything until a dough is formed that is soft but not sticky. If the mixture is overly buttery, add more oatmeal until it looks right.
3) Press the mixture into a pie pan with your fingers.
4) Bake in the heated oven for 15 minutes or until the edges brown slightly.
5) In a bowl, combine shortening and powdered sugar on a 1:4 ratio with a flash of vanilla.
6) Use the hand mixer to cream and fluff the shortening and sugar combination till the mixture somewhat reminds you of oreo cream filling.
7) When the crust is cool, use a spoon to smooth the cream filling over the crust.
8) Use a fork to lay the half peach pieces on top of the cream.
9) Chill before serving.