Sometimes you don’t want a fancy breakfast. Sometimes all you want is some pancakes with a touch of syrup. Plus, I think pancakes have the benefit of being the one breakfast that is just as simple as scrambled eggs, but seems like you put in a lot more effort. I’ve also made this recipe so many times that I can and have made it while half asleep!
RECIPE: Plain Pancakes
Feeds Four People
Cast iron pan
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Milk
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1) Measure all the dry ingredients into your bowl and mix them.
2) Make a little well in the middle of your bowl.
3) Pour the milk into the well, then the oil, and finally the egg.
4) Beat the ingredients in the well first and then stir the entire bowl together into a batter.
5) Heat the pan over medium heat and add a tiny bit of oil into the base.
6) I always do a test pancake first to see if the pan is the right level of hot. If the little test pancake comes out cooked and golden brown rather than raw or overdone, then its time to start doing multiple pancakes at once. Plus you can snack on the tests while the others are cooking.
7) Always flip your pancakes when the bubbles start to burst.
8) Stack the pancakes on the plates and serve with optional butter and lots of syrup!