I decided to keep up the British Baking Treats for my husband by making Yorkshire Puddings. I will be honest, when I was younger I thought Yorkshire puddings were more of an American style pudding. I would be lying if I wasn’t a little disappointed when I learned the truth about what a yorkshire pudding was, but I still decided to go through with making them and trying them fresh!
RECIPE: Yorkshire Pudding
Makes 12 Puddings
Oven heated to 450 degrees
200 Grams Egg
200 Grams Milk
200 Grams Flour
1) In a bowl, measure out equal parts egg, milk, and flour.
2) Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
3) Use a fork to mix everything together into a batter and let it rest on the counter for a bit.
4) Place a spoonful of Crisco into each muffin tin and place it in the oven.
5) When the Crisco is melted and hot its time to add the batter!
6) Add enough batter to fill the muffin tin cups about a 1/3 of the way.
7) Put the muffin tin back in the oven as quickly as possible and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
8) Let cool on a rack before serving as is, or as a meal or appetizer (hint hint, see tomorrows post for a fun tapas idea!)
Look at them rising in the oven!