So what do you do with Yorkshire puddings? Well, if you are feeling creative then you can make them into fancy tapas like they did on the Great British Baking Off/Baking Show. I decided to make my own style tapas, and used pub food as my inspiration. The result is these delicious and surprisingly filling tapas.
RECIPE: Pub Style Yorkshire Pudding Tapas
Makes 6 Tapas
Cast iron pans
Oven set to 375 degrees
1) Begin by peeling the turnips and then cutting them into chunks.
2) Add the turnips to a pot of water and bring to a boil.
3) Place the bratwurst in a cast iron pan and place in the oven to begin baking.
4) In another cast iron pan, begin melting some butter on low heat.
5) Chop up the onion and add it to the butter, letting it cook low and slow until it begins to brown and sweeten.
6) Turn up the heat in the cast iron pan a bit and shift the onions to the side, quickly brown the bratwurst and turn the heat back down.
7) Remove the bratwurst and set to the side on a cutting board.
8) Mix a handful of flour into the bratwurst grease and the buttery onion. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and then add milk to create a gravy.
9) Slice the bratwurst and add them to the gravy.
10) Drain the turnips and mash them with a bit of milk.
11) Place a bit of mashed turnip into each yorkshire pudding.
12) Add a 2-3 slices of bratwurst on top of the mashed turnip.
13) Spoon over some onion gravy over the whole thing.
These tapas were incredibly delicious! The onion gravy, bratwurst, and mashed turnip complimented each other so well.
3 thoughts on “Pub Style Yorkshire Pudding Tapas”
I think you would really enjoy them!
This sounds great! 🙂