Did you ever see the Lego movie? It was strangely awesome and weirdly addictive. Every time I hear the phrase, Taco Tuesday, I look around for the CRACKLE! Anyway, I did decided to whip up some Tuesday Tacos. With fresh guacamole and home canned peppers, these tacos will make you start singing “Everything is Awesome!” and mean every word of it.
Makes 4 Servings
Cast iron pan
Mortar and Pestle
1/2 Lb Ground Turkey
Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1) Begin by adding the ground turkey to the cast iron pan.
2) Season with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, jalapeno powder, and epazote.
3) Mince up an onion and add part of it to the seasoned turkey. Stir and let cook.
4) Mince up a two or so cloves of garlic and add it to the mortar with some of the minced onion.
5) Cut, peel, and pit the avocado, and throw it into the mortar and pestle.
6) Season the avocado with a bit of paprika, a sprinkle of salt, a touch of cumin, and a squeeze of lime juice.
7) Mash it all together into a guacamole.
8) Chop up the cheddar cheese.
9) Warm the tortillas and then serve with ground turkey, salsa, cheese, jalapenos, and guacamole.
10) Fold and serve!
That end right there is a perfect bite of all the flavors! Don’t you just want to start celebrating Taco Tuesday now?
One thought on “Taco Tuesday”
Looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing! I made peanut butter chicken and I highly recommend checking it out 🙂