Is anyone else excited for the new Smash game that is coming out tomorrow? Well, my husband and I are looking forward to playing it. Which means we need a dinner we can eat while gaming, and that means nothing that could possibly get your fingers greasy, saucy, or crumb-covered. So we will be making this absolutely fantastic Pizza Pockets!
RECIPE: Personal Pizza Pockets
Makes 6 Pockets
Marinara Sauce (homemade or canned)
1) Make your pizza dough, I used a basic pizza dough and then upgraded it by adding a mixture of basil, oregano, and garlic powder when I added the flour. This makes it more of an Italian herb pizza dough and adds another level of flavor to this meal.
2) Shred the mozzarella cheese and prepare your sauce with time to cool, or use a canned marinara sauce.
3) Divide the dough evenly into 6 pieces and roll it out into rectangles.
4) In the center of the dough, lay down a strip of sauce.
5) Sprinkle a bit of shredded mozzarella over the sauce, add the pepperoni and onions, and then another sprinkle of cheese.
6) Fold over the dough and make sure to seal the seam well before you flip it over and place it seam side down on a baking sheet.
7) Repeat until you have 6 pockets on the baking sheet.
8) If you have leftover cheese, sprinkle a bit over the tops of the pockets.
9) Bake in a 400-degree oven for 15-25 minutes depending on the size of your pockets. When they are golden brown and the cheese on top is melted, take them out and place on a cooling rack.
10) Let sit for a minute or two before servings to prevent burning the inside of your mouth.