What do you do when you have a story published? I’m sure some people break open a bottle of champaign or go out for a fancy dinner. Me? I make a giant batch of chewy gooey chocolate chip cookies and then make them mini-sized so that I can eat lots at once without guilt.
If you want to celebrate with me, here is the recipe!
Celebratory “I’m an author” Cookies
1 stick Butter
1 stick Margarine
3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Corn Syrup
1 teaspoon Black Walnut Extract
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 1/2 Cups Flour
Pinch of Salt
2 Cups Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- Cream the softened butter, margarine, dark brown sugar, and white sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in the corn syrup, egg, and extract.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until it creates a nice dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. If there aren’t enough, you can always add more!
- Scoop the dough onto an ungreased or lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 9 and a half minutes, or until the edge is lightly browned.
Once the cookies are cooled (and by cooled, I mean taken off the baking sheet) it is time to start nibbling! You can also store them in an airtight container once fully cooled for about a week, though I doubt they last will last that long.
How do you celebrate?