First off, this recipe is not my own. My fiance surprised me and had dinner in the works when I got home. The pictures were taken by him, and he gave me the recipe for the write up.
Secondly, he is on a grilling kick. If there is a way to grill it, he will find it. The tortillas needed to be used, and he ran with it from there.
RECIPE: Mexican Grilled Pockets
Makes 3 Servings
Cast iron grill pan
Cast iron pan or weight
4 Small Sweet Onions
1/2 Orange Pepper
3 Medium Tortillas
1) Chop sweet onions and orange pepper into small pieces.
2) In two different pans, saute onions and peppers low and slow.
3) Put black beans in the blender with chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, and avocado oil. Blend into a nice bean paste!
4) Heat grill pan until nice and searing hot.
5) In each tortilla, layer beans, onions, and peppers in the center and fold into a pocket.
6) Put the pocket on the hot grill pan and press down with another cast iron pan or weight. Once grilled, flip and grill the over side.
7) Serve with salsa or hot sauce.