Anyone else up for breakfast for dinner? My favorite in-laws mailed us bagels from our favorite bakery near them. The temptation of all those everything bagels staring at us, well we had to have some for dinner! I couldn’t decide what type of eggs to put on this sandwich, so I decided to do an omelette. If I thought ahead I should have put the cheese inside of the eggs, instead of straight on the bagel.
RECIPE: Omelette Bagel Sandwich
Makes 2 Servings
Oven set to broil
Cast iron pan
Lid or cover
Pepper Jack Cheese
Liquid from Canned Peppers
Cracked black Pepper
1) Slice bagels in half and let toast lightly under the broiler in the oven.
2) Thinly cut slices of pepper jack cheese.
3) When the bagels are barely toasted, place the cheese on the bottoms and butter the tops. Return to the oven until the cheese just begins to melt a little bit, like a minute or so.
4) Melt butter in the cast iron pan.
5) In a bowl, scramble however many eggs you want on each sandwich. My husband had three, and I had one.
6) Instead of adding milk, pour some of the liquid from the canned peppers into the eggs. Stir well!
7) Pour the egg mixture in the hot cast iron pan. Crack a little pepper on top and then cover.
8) Keep covered until the egg mixture fully melts.
9) Fold the omelette eggs in half and place on top of the cheese.
10) Top the sandwich with the buttered bagel half and serve! If you have any greens, like arugula or spinach, be sure to add that to this sandwich as well!